HomeLeaving A TraceWhat I Know For SureHidden Treasures

Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's My Birthday!

Getting old ain’t for sissies.
- Betty Davis



Today is my birthday.
Wow!  How did I get to this point,
this age between being young and old?
A milestone of existence.
You'd think I’d know a little something about life by now.
Yet sometimes I still feel so naïve.
Being apart of this world, this mysterious Universe,
leaves me feeling like I have just begun to get it.
This birthday celebration is more like life reflection.

My recollections of life...
a gift of experiences; yields understanding
clearly collecting in my consciousness,
so many truths that illuminate insight.
Birthdays measure life's chapters
Of our time on earth.
A Collection of memories
Fill my daily reality
And mould my existence.
 
Born into this amazing world
Life has brought many friends...
Many are my best friends.
Today is a wonderful day
For I have lived this long lol!
This is a great day for me.
And many birthday wishes
have made it extra special.
Here I am at the beginning of my journey 
 My older sister thought it 
would be fun to dress me up in this gown
Yay, pretty cute lol!

3 comments:

  1. awww cute picture of you...happy birthday!!! hope it stays a wonderful day for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Helena, I am not very good at putting my feelings on paper but our time spent together is very memorable and holds a special place in my heart, I will always treasure that. Your what I call a special friend and I hope sometime soon we can continue our memory making. We have so much more to catch up on, and I look forward to that.Much love and hugs, your friend Janet Ross Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is a hoot! Is that a wedding gown you're wearing? I enjoyed the prose and the ponderings that accompany your aging process. One can see that the years also bring wisdom from the way that you write. You are a lovely soul, with so much goodness and grace to share. Thanks for being YOU. <3

    ReplyDelete

♥ Taking time to comment is a pleasing way to slow the pace of life a bit and show heartfelt thoughts. Reading your comments bridges a caring bond between us and encourages unexpected friendships. I invite you to follow along. After all a friend may be waiting behind a strangers face. ღ ஆεlεɳa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...