HomeLeaving A TraceWhat I Know For SureHidden Treasures

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Please Come For Tea

   

In moments of alone time or in the company of friends,
the genuine pleasure of tea drinking is a timeless social
gesture that never loses its charm.

Enjoying a cup of tea has always been 
a special ritual for me.  
My Mother taught me the knack of tea-time.  
From early on, I have fond memories of sharing 
a cup of tea with my Mother.  
I consider my Mother's famous crumb cake to be 
the perfect accompaniment to this day.  
The tradition of having a tea party 
has been passed down to my children, and I now enjoy 
sipping tea together with my grandchildren.  
More than simply a beverage, 
tea allows one to pause, while it feeds the soul 
through quiet reflection.

I always love to peruse different towns and villages, 
seeking out a congenial respite for lunch. 
Visiting these small towns almost always 
entails my discovering the neighbourhood Tea Room. 
I have often fantasized about running my own 
Tea Room. While in these sanctuaries, 
I continuously decorate in my mind's eye, 
improving on their décor choices. 
It would have an adjoining gift shop that would 
sell everything related to the 
Art Of Making Tea. 
I even have a name at the ready…
"The Lavender Lace Tea Room".

Ahh, I can picture it so clearly…..
Stεp iɳ the door and bε mεt bყ 
thε fragraɳt aroma of  tεa...the scεnt of sconεs 
warm from the ovεɳ...thε dεlightfuɭ compaɳყ
  of  friεɳds, both oɭd and ɳεw. Sip and savour the momεnt! 
"Ƭhε Lavεndεr Lacε Ƭεa Ʀღღm", a ʄɾiεɳɗɭყ, 
ɭσʋiɳɠ and ρεαƈҽʄuɭ ρɭαƈε tσ ʋiʂiȶ and eɳjoყ  your 
favourite cup of Ƭεa.


The ceremony of tea drinking has managed to remain 
a constant in my life - a comfort, a haven, a warm treat 
that outshines any afternoon refreshment and recharges 
my spirit. There is something calming found in a warm 
cup of tea...a time to reflect, relax, and 
treasure our friendships.

The art of tea allows us to celebrate. 
It is a time-honored ritual, a unique recipe 
for musing that secretly feeds the soul, 
especially when savouring that first sip.  
Ahh, the sweet aroma of crumb cake…
thank you Mom.


___________ ♥ღϠ₡ღ♥_____________
~~~~~~~VICTORIAN TEA~~~~~~~
~~~~~~NOW BEING SERVED~~~~~~
___________ ♥ღϠ₡ღ♥_____________
Finger Sandwiches*Fresh Scones*Jams*
*Whipped Cream*Butter tarts*Mini Muffins*
*Blueberry Truffles*Chocolate Surprise*
___________ ♥ღϠ₡ღ♥_____________
***TEA*COFFEE* LEMONADE***
House Specialty~ Lavender Lace Tea


For my Mother Mary
April 06 1917 - October 27, 2000


༺❀༻ ©  Hεlεɳa ༺❀༻

Crumb Cake ~ 

From My Mothers Kitchen

Since receiving several requests for
The Crumb Cake recipe mentioned in my post 
"Please Come For Tea", 
I thought what better way to share it 
than on my blog....Enjoy...



Crumb Cake

Preheat oven to 375 F
Grease a 9-inch square cake pan.

In small bowl of electric mixer, cream
¾ cup of butter {my Mother used lard}
Blend together {rub}
1 cup of white sugar
Add 2 cups of all-purpose flour
and blend until resembles cornmeal…crumbs.
Reserve 1 cup of this mixture and set aside

Sift together and add
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp nutmeg
½-tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder

Then mix in
2 eggs
1 cup of buttermilk or sour milk

Fold in
1 cup of raisons
1 cup of currants

Pour batter into prepared pan.
Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake in preheated 375 oven for 40 - 50 minutes
or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool 5 minutes then remove from pan.


From my Mothers own pen
 Memory Box Creations likes Monday Memories

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece Helena. An amazing tribute. Thanks for sharing.

    Lisa
    InspiredbyLisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful tribute to your mother and I hope you get your tea room someday. Please let me know and I will be a frequent visitor. Thanks for sharing, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah a lovely piece and sentiments toward your mother...i like a good spot of tea..earl grey for me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post Helena... love to have tea and some of that crumb cake with you !!
    JL&B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit your tea room, Helena, you made it feel so real. It would be lovely if the opportunity to open it should come your way! This post brought back wonderful memories of my beloved Grandma who shared tea and cinnamon toast with her granddaughters as a very special treat. To this day I don't drink coffee, only hot tea with honey, and I always think of her when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Helena. My mother and I have often dreamed of running a tea shop. We now want to run one as a hobby and only open it on bank holidays and in the winter, when nearly everyone else is shut.
    I am a coffee drinker in a family of tea drinkers. I get sent to sit on the virtual naught step when we are out and I order coffee.
    Funnily enough, I still drink tea when I am ill. Probably because it brings back memories of being comforted by my mother with the rare privilige of a Cup of Tea like a grown-up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a wonderful tribute. loved reading the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty blog you have. I love my cup of tea, it is an obsession with me, also because I try to con someone else, (like my hubby , or son) to make it for me, and they do, hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW what is crumb cake, post a recipe for me.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Taking time to comment is a pleasing way to slow the pace of life a bit and show heartfelt thoughts. Reading your comments bridges a caring bond between us and encourages unexpected friendships. I invite you to follow along. After all a friend may be waiting behind a strangers face. ღ ஆεlεɳa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...