HomeLeaving A TraceWhat I Know For SureHidden Treasures

Monday, January 19, 2015

A Change of Heart

.•*¨* Lately, I've been working on not feeling guilty for not living the life others think I should or want me to live. To finally "LIVING" my way. I'm also all for cutting away drama, negativity and misguided opinions. To cherish and support those who stand by me and letting go of those who have let me down. To ignore opinions from others which they cannot defend. To do away with abrasiveness and finally cutting myself some slack, because we all know how unkind we can be to ourselves.
So Here's to changing ones mind and heart when life takes an unexpected turn. Not everyone can understand your journey in life. Standing in your own truth can leave you blacklisted for challenging the status quo. I don't mind not being liked. We certainly can't like everyone, but it's heartbreakingly sad to be misunderstood.

With that said the biggest shift for me will be when I stop needing to know the why's when things go awry. We are all flawed humans and I have decided to accept the messiness of it all. You have to take the bitter with the sweet. To respond in anger is an endorsement of a persons attitude. Walking away is the best way to stand up for yourself. No one is perfect. It is in accepting yourself in your "perfect imperfection" that inner peace begins.

.•*¨* Written with a clear conscious and a heavy heart – Helena


The words of others are mistakes of our hearing, shipwrecks of our understanding.  How confidently we believe OUR meanings of other people's words.”

― Fernando Pessoa

Misunderstanding

1 comment:

  1. at the end of the day, the only people we can change is ourselves....i think it takes wisdom to know when letting go is a good thing...letting go of those relationships that keep us from having the life we want or need to live....

    ReplyDelete

♥ Taking time to comment is a pleasing way to slow the pace of life a bit and show heartfelt thoughts. Reading your comments bridges a caring bond between us and encourages unexpected friendships. I invite you to follow along. After all a friend may be waiting behind a strangers face. ღ ஆεlεɳa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...